- Early Act First Knight
- Rotary International Youth Exchanges
- Literacy Programs
- Adoption Awareness Picnics and many others.
"Congratulations! Your global grant application for funding Global Grant Scholarship for Kayla Stovall, submitted by International Sponsor Club of Southside Corpus Christi, Texas in District 5930 in the United States and Host Sponsor Club of Musselburgh in District 1020 in Scotland, has been approved by The Rotary Foundation. The award is in the amount of US$30,000."
Women in Rotary,1986 – 2017 - a 30 year Journey
through 30 June 2020. The Council representatives will represent their district at the:
- 2017, 2018, and 2019 Councils on Resolutions
- 2019 Council on Legislation
- James "JD" Simpson
- Maxie Houser
- Arthur Zeitler
- Assist clubs in preparing proposed resolutions and enactments;
- Discuss proposed resolutions and enactments at district meetings;
- Be knowledgeable of the attitudes of Rotarians within the district;
- Give critical consideration to all proposed resolutions and enactments and effectively communicate his or her views on such proposals to the Councils;
- Act as an objective legislator;
- Participate in the Council on Resolutions;
- Attend the Council on Legislation for its full duration; and
- Report on the deliberations of the Councils to his or her clubs following the meetings of the Councils.
Timeline for the 2017-2020 Council Cycle
|30 June 2017||Selection of representatives and alternates|
Resolution submission deadline
|1 July 2017||Representative’s Council term begins|
|Late 2017||2017-18 Council on Resolutions (date to be determined)|
|31 December 2017||Enactment submission deadline|
|31 March 2018||Amendments to proposed enactments deadline|
|30 June 2018||Resolution submission deadline|
|September 2018||Council on Legislation book published|
|Late 2018 2018-19||Council on Resolutions (date to be determined)|
|February 2019||Statements of Support and Opposition deadline|
|April 2019 (tentative)||2019 Council on Legislation|
|30 June 2019||Resolution submission deadline|
|Late 2019 2019-20||Council on Resolutions (date to be determined)|
|30 June 2020||Representative’s Council term ends|
What we need from Clubs:
- Door prize – value - $50, suggestions - gift basket, gift cards
- Project Display board of your signature project for fundraising or community involvement to share
- A list of names with details and a picture of members who passed this year for our Celebration of Life. Send to JD Simpson at email@example.com by April 21, 2017.
What we need from Rotarians:
- Donation of an item for our Mystery Box. This is a large box filled with all manner of things –pretty things, kitchen things, small appliances, gift cards, games, garden things, TV things, all manner of things. We guarantee that the box contains at least $2000 worth of merchandise. Raffle tickets will be on sale for $10. Only 1000 tickets will be sold. Send it to District 5930, PO Box 51, Rockport, TX 78381. Call Nancy Paulson, 361-463-8791 or Terri Whitman, 361-205-7122 for more information. Winning ticket will be drawn on May 6, 2017 at the Governor's Banquet Dinner.
- Honor the Women in Rotary – attend a luncheon in Harlingen.
- Your attendance at a Party – Friday night – Cinco de Mayo.
- Come to the All Club Lunch on Saturday, May 6.
- Be an audience member at several performances on Saturday. Especially – Amanda Wirtz
- Walk on Sunday for Polio.
- All this will give you a better view of our District and provide some fun for you and your family in Rockport and Fulton.
Available to either Clubs or Rotarians:
- We are offering a new service of having Rotary merchandise on sale at the conference. i.e. totes, banners, lapel pins, shirts, etc. If you or you club would like a table, we have 5 available at $50 each. We must have your email requesting a table by May 3. First committed, first paid. All merchandise must have the new Rotary logo.