Important Information from the District
Get set to Fly High from new heights and new places.
All while we are Rotary Serving Humanity.
You are cordially invited to the
Change of Command / Installation
for Rotary International District 5930
District Governor Debbie High
Assistant Governors and District Officers
Ceremonial Pinning of Club Presidents
June 25, 2016, 6:30-9:00 pm
2914 N. Shoreline Blvd.
Corpus Christi, Texas 78402
Photo Booth with extras
Flight Deck visits.
Coastal Bend Troop support, Inc
“Sending care packages to our American Heroes”
“Letting them know we care”
Bring these items to send to the troops:
Beef jerky, tuna in the pouch Breakfast bars, energy bars
Nuts, sunflower seeds, corn nuts
Peanut butter crackers, cheese crackers
Gum, regular and sugar free
Drink mixes with electrolytes
Travel size of shave cream, shampoo, toothpaste, wipes, etc.
Magazines, puzzle books, Sudoku books, word find, puzzle books, etc.
|Dinner Buffet with Pecan Pork Tenderloin and
Gulf Shrimp and extras.
Chicken Nuggets and Mac & Cheese
for our 12 & under Family members.
Hotels: Because of the date of this event, options are limited. We have reserved a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Downtown Marina. Read their flyer with price, codes and details here. Also check out hotels in Portland.
The 2017 Rotary Peace Fellowship is now available online!
Please the link below to review the fellowship details, application process, animation video, and find additional resources for applicants and Rotarians.
Important reminders about the peace fellowship:
1. Districts are not responsible for funding applicants. Your district can endorse as many candidates as deemed qualified at no cost.
2. 31 May 2016 District Deadline
a. Applicants must submit their application to the district by
31 May to seek endorsement.
b. Districts must interview and submit their endorsement forms to The Rotary Foundation by 1 July 2016.
c. Applicants can choose to apply online or with the PDF application. Both can be located on the website.
Thank you for your dedication and support to the Rotary Peace Centers and the Rotary Peace Fellowship. By working together to recruit and select highly qualified candidates for the 2017 Rotary Peace Fellowship, we continue to build peace and work towards conflict prevention and resolution in our world.
Rotary brings together people like you — from all walks of life — who want to use their expertise for good. People whose sense of responsibility inspires them to give back to their communities. At Rotary, we connect for good — and form lifelong friendships in the process.
Together, we work as Rotarians to…
- Construct Playgrounds
- Feed the Hungry
- Honor our Veterans
- Build Dog Parks
- Clothe Mothers and Children
- Fight to End Polio
- Beautify our Parks
- Teach Children How to Read
- Provide Access to Homes
- Promote Adoption Awareness
- Give Humanitarian Relief
- Educate the Next Generation through Leadership Programs
Rotary makes a significant difference in the lives of the people we touch. And, we all have full time jobs!
With 1.2 million members in 34,000 clubs worldwide, our global community’s impact has never been greater —and it continues to grow.
Have you thought about joining Rotary?
Belonging to a Rotary club provides members with an opportunity to give back to their communities and to connect with like-minded leaders and friends.
People join Rotary for many reasons, including community involvement, personal development, professional networking, and camaraderie. But perhaps the most important benefit is the satisfaction you gain from making a real difference in your community and in the world.
We need your help! Your community needs your help! Now is the time! Join Rotary Today!
on Jun 29, 2014
Ready for 2015-2016 ??
Hopefully these tasks and activities have been completed to start the next Rotary year.
- Presidents, Officers and Directors appointed, elected and installed.
- Presidents, Officers and Directors entered into the district website, so they can receive the notices and information from the district and RI. This is a function available to the current officers (may also be the 2013-2014 officers if you didn't do this before June 30, 2014) by logging into the district website at www.rotary5930.org. If your club has ClubRunner, then entering the information there will allow the names to migrate to the district. If you enter the information at RI through My Rotary, it will NOT migrate down.
- Your Club Does not use ClubRunner - Here is the link to the help page that describes the process for adding Officer and director positions in ClubRunner, the software we use for the District site. http://clubrunner.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/113/318/specify-my-executives-and-directors
- Your Club does use ClubRunner - Here is the link to the help page that describes the process for adding Officer and director positions in ClubRunner. http://clubrunner.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/List/Index/173/edit-current-executives--directors
If these tasks were not completed prior to June 30, your club may not have access to any of the services provided by ClubRunner, the District and Rotary International. Your President and Secretary will need access at some point during the year. Contact your Assistant District Governor for assistance. Not sure who that is - check out the District Organization Chart.
Want to do more in Rotary?
Exemplary Club Requirements
Rotary Foundation Grant Information