“February is Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution Month”
Rotary International’s 112th anniversary on the 23rd of February
- Improving Quality of life
- Raising awareness of bullying and
- Protecting domestic violence survivors and their families.
Happy Birthday to Rotary in February
In Memoriam - Past District Governor Obie L. Etheridge
A Funeral Service was held on Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. at Seaside Funeral Home Chapel. Interment will follow at Seaside Memorial Park.
2nd RI/Zone 21b/27 Cadre Membership Training to be offered for areas 6, 7, & 12 – Laredo and beyond.
You do not want to miss this new and innovative consulting experience!
Cost is Free but we need a food and Materials count.
D5930's Million Dollar Dinner
ROTARIANS SPREAD THEIR WINGS IN LEADERSHIP ALL OVER THE WORLD & YOU CAN TOO!
- to take action,
- become leaders, and
- gain a global perspective?
- carrying out a service project,
- organizing a Twitter chat, or
- planning a meeting,
What if together we wage peace?
- Find peace education tools,
- peace service projects,
- slideshows and
- other presentation materials.
- Make sure the names of all current (RY 2016-17) and all future officers (RY 2017-18) are entered in ClubRunner as soon as possible and no later than 1 February. Minimum - President, President Elect, Treasurer, and Secretary. Add your “Trilogy Squad”: Membership, Foundation and Public Image chairs/directors. Add all other executives and directors. Directions on “how to”
- Confirm that e-mail addresses for all members are current
- Update RY 2016-17 goals in Rotary Club Central (Membership, Foundation Giving, Service) Access to and Entering Goals in Rotary Club Central
- Second half of Rotary International Dues payment due to RI upon receipt.
- Review and update your club’s progress towards earning the RI Presidential Citation in Rotary Club Central. Checklist for Presidential Citation Award
- Review your club’s progress towards earning the Governor’s Exemplary Club Award. Progress & Application Chart for District 5930 Exemplary Club Award
- Ensure The Rotary Foundation (TRF) contributions collected to date are submitted to TRF.
- E-mail your club’s IRS confirmation notice that your Federal tax return was submitted – Nancy Ross Ross5357@aol.com (if you have not already done so)
- President Elect (and Nominee) register for Lone Star President-Elects Training Seminar at http://lonestarpets.org
The Ride ...
Join in On Fundraising ...
- Every dollar counts and the dollars you contribute could be the dollars that finally help the Polio Plus program achieve its goal of complete eradication.
- All donations are a tax-deductible contribution.
- Plus! Rotarians will receive credit for a Polio Plus donation, so please make a note of your Rotary club name & member number as your donation dedication.
- Make Check Payable to: RI Foundation FBO Polio Plus (FBO means For Benefit Of)