What we need from Clubs:
- Door prize – value - $25-$50, suggestions - gift basket, gift cards
- Project Display board of your signature project for fundraising or community involvement to share
- A list of names with details and a picture of members who passed this year for our Celebration of Life.
- Record attendance for your club at a District Conference. We have a great one planned.
What we need from Rotarians:
- Donation of an item for our Mystery Box. This is a large box filled with all manner of things –pretty things, kitchen things, small appliances, gift cards, games, garden things, TV things, all manner of things. We guarantee that the box contains at least $2000 worth of merchandise. Raffle tickets will be sale for $10 a chance. Only 1000 tickets will be sold. Send it to District 5930, PO Box 51, Rockport, TX 78381 by April 22 or Bring to the Foundation Lunch on April 22. Call Nancy Paulson, 361-463-8791 or Terri Whitman, 361-205-7122 for more information.
- Honor the Women in Rotary – attend a luncheon in Harlingen.
- Your attendance at a Party – Friday night – Cinco de Mayo.
- Being an audience member at several performances on Saturday. Especially – Amanda Wirtz
- Walk on Sunday for Polio.
- All this will give you a better view of our District and provide some fun for you and your family in Rockport and Fulton.
- Care to share with us for our Conference Book – Why do your give to The Rotary Foundation? Share your reasons via an email to Nancy Paulson, Governor’s Aide at nancy@RockportWebSites.com. Deadline is April 10, 2017.
Available to either Clubs or Rotarians:
- Do you have a small promotional item from your company that you want included in everyone’s conference bag? i.e. pen, notepad, flashlight, coozie, key chain, etc. Send it to District 5930, PO Box 51, Rockport, TX 78381 by April 22 or Bring to the Foundation Lunch on April 22.
- We are offering a new service of having Rotary merchandise on sale at the conference. i.e. totes, banners, lapel pins, shirts, etc. If you or you club would like a table, we have 5 available at $100 each. First committed, first paid. All merchandise must have the new Rotary logo.
- Ads in our Conference book at for sale for $50. Consider promoting your cub fundraising activity. Increase your check to $100 and we will put your ad on the big screens around our conference room all weekend. Rotarians can advertise their business. (Specifications - Size 4.75" w x 3.75" h, pdf or jpg, 300 resolution. send to Nancy@RockportWebSites.com. Deadline is April 10, 2017.
April 22, 2017 -
Foundation Awards and Grant Certification Training
- District 5930 Foundation Awards Lunch - 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
- Special Guest Speaker - Amanda Lewis, Global Scholar, sponsored by Kingsville Rotary and D5930.
- Grant Certification Training - 1:15 pm to 4:30 pm
Both events will be held at the Solomon Ortiz Center, 402 Harbor Dr., Corpus Christi TX 78401
Register Now for the Lunch and Training
More information click the read more button.
- Strengthening the ability of communities to develop, fund, and maintain sustainable water and sanitation systems.
- Providing equitable community access to safe water, improved sanitation, and hygiene.
- Supporting programs that enhance communities’ awareness of the benefits of safe water, sanitation, and hygiene.
- Supporting career-minded professionals’ studies related to water and sanitation.
- Creating tools and resources that facilitate, measure, and enhance high-quality water and sanitation projects worldwide.
March 13-19, 2017
World Rotaract Week
Dear fellow Rotarians,Rotary will be partnering with other service organizations in an International Week of Service, 25-31 March 2017. All over the world, volunteers like you are working to improve their communities. In the spirit of Rotary Serving Humanity, I ask you to invite another local service group to volunteer with you.
HAPPENING MARCH/RPM UPDATE - End Polio Now D5930 fundraiser
- Make sure the names of all current (RY 2016-17) and all future officers (RY 2017-18) are entered in ClubRunner as soon as possible and no later than 1 February. Minimum - President, President Elect, Treasurer, and Secretary. Add your “Trilogy Squad”: Membership, Foundation and Public Image chairs/directors. Add all other executives and directors. Directions on “how to”
- Confirm that e-mail addresses for all members are current
- Update RY 2016-17 goals in Rotary Club Central (Membership, Foundation Giving, Service) Access to and Entering Goals in Rotary Club Central
- Review and update your club’s progress towards earning the RI Presidential Citation in Rotary Club Central. Checklist for Presidential Citation Award
- Review your club’s progress towards earning the Governor’s Exemplary Club Award. Progress & Application Chart for District 5930 Exemplary Club Award
- Ensure The Rotary Foundation (TRF) contributions collected to date are submitted to TRF.
- E-mail your club’s IRS confirmation notice that your Federal tax return was submitted – Nancy Ross Ross5357@aol.com (if you have not already done so)